Friday 21 November 2008

Box Stores=Grumpy workers= Huge savings

The other day I was in Michael's with my neighbor. She's making her first old fashion style scrapbook using the black photo corners. I am so proud of her, she make fun of all my supplies. I told I was like a vampire and some day I would bite her and she would get the scrapping bug as well!! I will continue to work on her to get her on our side!!!!

Anywho, I am in Michael's using our 50% off coupons for her purchases and in the $1.50 bins (that I have grown to know well) I see a beautiful mini-set of 3 super cute snowflakes and for a $1.50, what is there to really think about. I grab them and head to the cash. Can a scrapper really ever have enough snowflake stamps? I get to the cash with my friend's adhesives (using coupon) and my 2 $1.50 purchase and the cashier says $16.something, please.

WTH - How much are the stamps I ask? I am shocked to learn the itty bitty stamps (cute, but not that cute now) are almost $14.....WOW, even at 50% off I would never buy those!!! so I just tell her off the cuff, "No wonder I liked them, I thought they were $1.50, I don't want them please. They were in the 1.50 bins but someone obviously just put them there."

Cashier, "so do you want them for $1.50?"
me, "no, that's ok, it is obviously a mistake, really it's ok"
There are about 3 people behind me and they are all listening to our convo very intently.
cashier, "if they were in the bin you can have them for $1.50"
me (who's now embarassed) "no, really it was a mistake, that's ok!!!"
cashier. "too late, I am giving them to you for $1.50"

this whole time the cashier has the look of death, I just kinda say ok and look behind me to find 3 customers just as shocked as me.

So I did what any scrapper would do. I shrugged my shoulders in wonder to everyone and said ok, your the boss with the register, but you probably shouldn't. She just said oh well, who cares!

I think cashiers having a bad day means savings!!! I will be looking for her again when I go to Michael's!!!

3 Comments:

At 21 November 2008 at 04:49 , Blogger LLW said...

I have some 50% coupons to use next week, what did she look like? :)

 
At 21 November 2008 at 10:49 , Blogger Queen Mel said...

well didn't you walk into some luck? That is awesome! A deal is a deal no matter how you come to get it :o)

Wow!

 
At 21 November 2008 at 14:54 , Blogger gypsybug said...

still felt like stealing with everyone behind me staring holes in my back with daggers! I bet they all tried the same thing once I left!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home